Monday 26 February 2007

Bargain Books

Canberra is blessed with a number of good new and second hand bookshops, but the real gem is Academic Remainders bookshop & warehouse. The bookshop is located in Garema Place in Canberra City (just across from where Street Chess is held) while the warehouse is located in the suburb of Fyshwick at 28 Kembla St.
Over the years I have picked up a large number of new chess books, usually at second hand prices. Here is list of chess books that I recently added to my collection, all costing me less than $10 each. Modern Endgame Practice Beliavsky & Mikhalchishin, The Modern Benoni Revealed Richard Palliser, Bobby Fischer Rediscovered Andrew Solitis (the pick of the bunch!), The Controversial Samisch Kings Indian Chris Ward. There are plenty of other books to buy at around the same price, especially at the warehouse.

(Disclaimer: I have no commercial relationship with Academic Remainders, apart from being a regular customer)

No comments: