Friday 1 May 2009

The Traxler Refuted (again!)

I received an email today titled "The Possible Refutation of Traxler Counter-Attack". Over the years I've seen plenty of magazine articles with either this title, or a variant on it, but this is the first time I've been contacted directly with the claim. At least the author is covering his bases, in not claiming a definite refutation of the Traxler.
As it arrived late this evening, I've only had a cursory glance at the analysis. What I've looked at seems sound, but makes the common mistake of being too narrow in the choice of lines. There are a number of places where Black can vary, and while some of my own investigations show that White is better in some of those lines, it isn't the case that White is better in all the lines.
As for publishing the analysis, I'll hold off until I have further discussions with the author of the email.

No comments: