Saturday 7 July 2012

Opening Lanes

IM Gary Lane and I have a standing agreement that whenever I get mentioned in one of his books, I have to buy a copy. It is an agreement I don't mind being held to, as I don't get mentioned in many chess books.
In fact I think it is only fair to extend it to his Opening Lanes chess column, although obviously I cannot 'buy' the column. However I am pleased to direct you to this months column, published on Chess Cafe, as it deals with the Traxler (Wilkes-Barre) variation of the Two Knights Defence. While I do get a mention in the column (via a game that I've mentioned too often on this blog), I recommend reading it for the rest of the analysis. The major portion of the article covers the 5.Bxf7+ line which, while I regard as somewhat cowardly by White, is the line that Traxler players have to deal with on a regular basis.

No comments: