Saturday 25 August 2012

Hitting the ground running

On the ground in Istanbul, and have a lady spent the morning in meetings. Walked up to the venue, which is still in the process of being set up, and the heat really took it out on me. The venue is quite large, which means plenty of space for the players. Come tomorrow I will have a better feel for the entire layout, as most of the work will be completed by then.
Some of the teams have already started to arrive. On my flight were Max Illingworth from the Australian team, and Hilton Bennett and Paul Garbett joined us from Singapore. They Chinese team were already at the WOW Hotel when I got there, and I even spotted the team from Zimbabwe in the lobby.
Internet at the hotel seems really slow, which makes it hard for me to upload videos and pictures. Hopefully I will be able to do this from the venue instead, although we are waiting for the Internet to be turned on.
Given the time difference ( 7 hours) posts may appear at random times, but I'll try and make up for it by blogging 2 or 3 times a day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.davidsmerdon.com/?p=903

With the Aussie's lastest chess tactic I cant see how they can fail to win !?