Monday 6 January 2014

On my way to work this morning

On my way to work this morning I caught a bit of chess coverage on ABC AM. Unfortunately it was not coverage of the Australian Championship (such things did happen in the past btw), but it was still interesting enough. It was a report on the growth in chess in Uganda, especially in schools and poorer areas.
The report I heard was audio only, which was fortunate as I was driving. But you can also see the accompanying video report from the ABC here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One would think our Australian Chess Federation "president" would do more than just 'preside' and actually DO something to popularise chess in Australia. WAYYY to much to ask, I know.

Anonymous said...

Phiona Mutesi has become a bit of a legend, even having a book written about her by Tim Crothers which is available in the Canberra Library, called "Queen of Katye".

Here's a link that might be useful to find out more about this player.